Ushka is a Sri Lankan-born, Thailand-raised, Brooklyn-based deejay traversing genres across electronic club & bass music. She deejays from the perspective of a dancer, blending a wide range of club music from soca to dancehall, hip hop to south asian rhythms, baltimore/jersey club to baile funk, vogue cuts to kuduro, azonto to afrobeat and more. When she isn’t crafting dancefloor spaces, Ushka is a political and cultural organizer.
- Adrift: A Soundtrack for Migration (radio podcast for Chimurenga’s Pan African Space Station library installation at the Performa Hub in New York)
- live radio mix for El Centro Cultural Digital in Mexico City
- What Edward Said (mixtape with Brooklyn Shanti)
- Open City Mix for the Asian American Writer’s Workshop
- Foreign Brown‘ (debut mixtape on Dutty Artz)